PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – With Bob Dylan on board to play opening night at The Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, the venue has added more big name acts to its lineup this fall including two shows for the 18 and older set featuring frontman for the jam band Phish Trey Anastasio and the pioneering New Wave rock band Blondie.
Which Act Are You Most Excited To See At The Capitol Theatre This Fall?
Bob Dylan & His Band0%
Other, comment below with your pick.0%
Trey Anastasio Band is set to play Oct. 28 and Blondie will play on Oct. 7. Tickets are already on sale for Hugh Laurie & the Copper Bottom Band on Saturday, Sept. 8; Buddy Guy/Jonny Lang for Sunday, Sept. 9; and The J. Geils Band on Wednesday, Sept. 19.
Tickets for Bob Dylan and His Band on the Tuesday, Sept. 4 opening night are available for pre-sale on his website and will officially go on sale at $65 a pop at 10 a.m. on Friday. Sales for the Friday, Sept. 7 show featuring The Roots and Grateful Dead guitarist Bob Weir begin Thursday, as do tickets for the Big Gigantic show on Sept. 15 and another show featuring The Roots on Sept. 21.
The venue has more shows that the under-21 set can attend including the Dirty Projectors for ages 16 on Tuesday, Sept. 25; an 18-and-over Regina Spektor show on Oct. 3; an 18-and-over show featuring the funk and jazz jam band Galactic on Oct. 6; an 18-and-over Ben Folds Five show Tuesday, Oct. 9; and another 18-and-over Fiona Apple show on Oct. 10.
Here are some more 18-and-over shows coming up this fall:
• Umphrey’s McGee on Oct. 17
• moe. on Nov. 9
• Justin Townes Earle on Nov. 10
• Ray Lamontagne on Nov. 20
• Strangefolk on Nov. 23 and Nov. 24
SurefireMedia did not have information on current or projected ticket sales. Until the Capitol Theatre’s box office renovations are completed, tickets can be purchased online or by calling Ticketfly at 1-877-435-9849.
Check out our poll to vote for your favorite artist coming to town and click here for a full list of upcoming acts.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 3 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Greenwich
- 5 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place