GREENWICH, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Greenwich this week:
- A 13-year-old girl was charged with assault and disorderly conduct after attacking another student at Western Middle School in Greenwich, police said.
- A Greenwich woman was found lying on the ground, screaming and crying, in the parking lot of the Hi-Ho Motel, police said. The incident remained under investigation for possible child neglect.
- Four people were killed and 63 injured after a Metro-North passenger train derailed in the Bronx, N.Y., near the Spuyten Duyvil station. The engineer was reportedly suspended without pay.
- A Greenwich woman, Carol Hauser, 63, faces breach of peace charges in Westport in connection with a “profanity-laced tirade” that took place at Compo Beach, police said.
- UConn chemistry professor Gabriel Fenteany, 46, was placed on administrative leave after he was charged with vandalizing high-end cars while drunk in Greenwich, police said. Fenteany has an arrest record tied to domestic dispute cases, police said.
- Alexander Scott Lee, 21, was arrested in connection with the car accident that killed Weston cyclist Thomas Steinert-Threlkeld in October, police said.