GREENWICH, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Greenwich this week:
- Canadian law enforcement has charged a 16-year-old teen with creating several false reports of hostage situations, including one in Greenwich.
- Greenwich High School's graduation rate rose 2.5-percent from 2012 to 2013.
- Greenwich Police arrested an 86-year-old man after he allegedly fired a starter pistol at a work site next to his Byram Shore Road home because he was irritated about noise at a construction site.
- Greenwich High grad Colin Dunster scored two goals for Bryant University as the Bulldogs stunned second-seeded Syracuse, 10-9, in the first round of the NCAA men’s lacrosse tournament .
- After 49 years at Greenwich Academy, Angela Tammaro is retiring from her position as coach of the school's field hockey and lacrosse teams.
- A 38-year-old Greenwich man was arrested after taking a phone out of a woman's hand during a domestic dispute .
- Greenwich's Janine Weinberg was awarded a Merit Scholarship award for $10,000 from the University of Findlay.
- Only 31 percent of Connecticut residents surveyed view the state as the best or one of the best states in the country to live in.