GREENWICH, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Greenwich this week:
- A Danbury resident and teacher at the Convent of the Sacred Heart turned himself in to Greenwich police after a warrant was issued for his arrest on charges of having inappropriate sexual contact with a student .
- A gas explosion in Harlem killed at least eight people and shut down all Metro-North service for hours.
- Greenwich Police charged a woman from the Byram neighborhood with filing a false child-abuse report .
- Greenwich Police charged four men with multiple counts in connection to an alleged mail theft .
- Greenwich Hospital has announced the appointment of four new Westchester-based physicians to its active medical staff in the department of obstetrics/gynecology.
- A Fairfield mother and daughter were killed in a fire . An investigation revealed no smoke detectors were in the house.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.