GREENWICH, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Greenwich last week:
- A 56-year-old Greenwich woman, Shari Gay Lampert, was charged with swinging a golf club at her housekeeper during an argument over damage in the home on Old Round Hill Lane.
- Nancy Catalano of Greenwich, who purchased a Powerball “Quick Pick” ticket for the July 2 drawing, won the game’s $1 million prize.
- Madonna Badger, 50, who lost her parents and three daughters in a Christmas Day fire in Stamford in 2011, married her longtime friend Bill Duke.
- The state is offering new low-interest loans to shoreline homeowners and businesses in Greenwich, Stamford, Darien, Norwalk, Westport and Fairfield to elevate their buildings to protect from future severe weather and flooding.
- Greenwich will begin construction work on Monday, Aug. 4, to replace the superstructure of the Lake Avenue Bridge.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Greenwich Triathlete Heads To Vermont With Hopeful, Heavy Heart
- 4 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Greenwich
- 5 Sales Fall, But Average Home Price Climbs 31% In Greenwich