GREENWICH, Conn. – Greenwich residents are encouraged to save and refrigerate tap water for drinking and cooking while Aquarion Water's water main cleaning project runs through July 21.
The work will take place primarily overnight between 9:30 p.m. and 4 a.m. Residents could experience drops in water pressure and discoloring of water. Discoloration results from the temporary disturbance of the water flow, which stirs up naturally-occurring minerals that settle in water mains.
Below is the breakdown of where and when the mains will be cleaned:
- May 14 Cos Cob, Riverside, west of Lake Avenue
- May 21 Cos Cob, Riverside, west of Lake Avenue
- May 28 Riverside, Old Greenwich, southwest Greenwich
- June 4 Riverside, Old Greenwich, southwest Greenwich
- June 11 Riverside, Cos Cob, southwest Greenwich
- June 18 East Greenwich, central Greenwich
- June 25 East Greenwich, central Greenwich
- July 2 West of Lake Avenue, southwest Greenwich
- July 9 West of Lake Avenue, southwest Greenwich
- July 16 High traffic areas
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.