8:30 a.m. update: WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The accident has been cleared that closed Interstate 95 on the New York and Connecticut border early Friday.
One person was killed in the crash on the Rye-Port Chester border, according to Lohud.com.
Original story: WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – An accident Friday morning closed Interstate 95 on the New York and Connecticut border. Motorists coming to Connecticut are advised to take the Merritt Parkway or seek other alternate routes.
The road was closed as a result of an accident around 2:45 a.m. The highway was closed at Exit 20 Northbound on I-95. An exit ramp on I-295 East at Exit 10 was also closed. Interstate 287 toward was also experiencing delays.
Some traffic has been allowed on the shoulder of the road starting shortly after dawn.
Radio and television reports indicated the accident was fatal. A northbound lane opened around 7:10 a.m. but traffic was still slowed.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Greenwich
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Greenwich Family Raises Record-Breaking $50,000 For Alzheimer’s Association
- 5 Greenwich Could See Light Snow Overnight Into Sunday