GREENWICH, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Greenwich last week:
- Emily Fedorko was identified as the 16-year-old girl who was killed in a water-tubing accident on the waters of Long Island Sound off Greenwich Point. Police and other first responders are investigating the fatal accident.
- A member of the Connecticut National Guard was killed and second seriously injured after a two-car collision on Interstate 95 southbound in Rye ejected both occupants of a military truck, which flipped on its head.
- Hollywood legend Ron Howard and his wife, Cheryl, are offering high-end furnishings from their Greenwich mansion in an online sale at One Kings Lane.
- Port Chester police arrested Osman Merida, a 19-year-old from Cos Cob, in connection with the July 28 knifepoint robbery of a Rye man at a Westchester Avenue gas station.
- Sean Jackson of Stamford, a music teacher who was arrested and charged with risk of injury to a minor in Greenwich, is suspected of making "unsuitable requests" to more than one of his students, according to a court affidavit.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Greenwich On Wednesday
- 2 Greenwich Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 Happy Birthday To Greenwich’s Judith Sheindlin ('Judge Judy')
- 5 Two Convent Of The Sacred Heart Students Named National Merit Semifinalists