GREENWICH, Conn. -- The Bruce Museum's Seaside Center is hosting "First Sunday Science" on Jan. 5 from 1:30 to 4 p.m.
This month's program features a 40-minute documentary called "All About Shellfish" starting at 2:30 p.m. at the Innis Arden Cottage.
"Shell Shocked: Saving Oysters to Save Ourselves," a program revealing the efforts to bring wild oysters back to New York Harbor to restore the waterway, also highlights the event.
The Greenwich Shellfish Commission will lead this family-oriented, hands-on program about oysters, clams and harvesting shellfish at Greenwich Point Park.
Fresh local clams and oysters will be available at a raw bar by Atlantic Clam Farms.
Admission to First Sunday Science is free. For more information, call 203-413-6756 on weekdays.
The Center is located in Greenwich Point Park. Click here for directions.
- 1 Greenwich Police Seek Help Finding Missing Teen Girl
- 2 Funeral Services Held For 20-Year-Old College Student From Westchester
- 3 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 4 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 5 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report