GREENWICH, Conn., -- This turtle was slowly making its way along Porchuck Road in Greenwich on Monday afternoon.
The state is home to 12 turtle species, according to the state's Department of Energy & Environmental Protection website, of which seven are on the state's list of endangered, threatened and special concern species.
This turtle appears to be the common snapping turtle, which is common throughout the state.
The turtle made its way to safety on its journey Monday in Greenwich.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Greenwich Triathlete Heads To Vermont With Hopeful, Heavy Heart
- 4 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Greenwich
- 5 Sales Fall, But Average Home Price Climbs 31% In Greenwich