GREENWICH, Conn., -- This turtle was slowly making its way along Porchuck Road in Greenwich on Monday afternoon.
The state is home to 12 turtle species, according to the state's Department of Energy & Environmental Protection website, of which seven are on the state's list of endangered, threatened and special concern species.
This turtle appears to be the common snapping turtle, which is common throughout the state.
The turtle made its way to safety on its journey Monday in Greenwich.
- 1 Greenwich Part Of Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Teen Prostitute Charged With Falsely Reporting Rape In Greenwich
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Greenwich
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; Greenwich Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'