GREENWICH, Conn., -- This turtle was slowly making its way along Porchuck Road in Greenwich on Monday afternoon.
The state is home to 12 turtle species, according to the state's Department of Energy & Environmental Protection website, of which seven are on the state's list of endangered, threatened and special concern species.
This turtle appears to be the common snapping turtle, which is common throughout the state.
The turtle made its way to safety on its journey Monday in Greenwich.
- 1 Police: Woman Robs Darien Bank At Gunpoint
- 2 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation
- 3 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 4 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Greenwich Overnight