GREENWICH, Conn., -- This turtle was slowly making its way along Porchuck Road in Greenwich on Monday afternoon.
The state is home to 12 turtle species, according to the state's Department of Energy & Environmental Protection website, of which seven are on the state's list of endangered, threatened and special concern species.
This turtle appears to be the common snapping turtle, which is common throughout the state.
The turtle made its way to safety on its journey Monday in Greenwich.
- 1 Police: Armed Robber Strikes Greenwich Gas Station On Route 1
- 2 Box Truck Fire Closes East Putnam Avenue In Greenwich
- 3 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 4 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 5 Greenwich Police: Two Men Assaulted, Robbed In 'Ferocious' Street Attack