GREENWICH, Conn., -- This turtle was slowly making its way along Porchuck Road in Greenwich on Monday afternoon.
The state is home to 12 turtle species, according to the state's Department of Energy & Environmental Protection website, of which seven are on the state's list of endangered, threatened and special concern species.
This turtle appears to be the common snapping turtle, which is common throughout the state.
The turtle made its way to safety on its journey Monday in Greenwich.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Greenwich On Wednesday
- 2 Greenwich Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 Happy Birthday To Greenwich’s Judith Sheindlin ('Judge Judy')
- 5 Two Convent Of The Sacred Heart Students Named National Merit Semifinalists