GREENWICH, Conn. -- The education department at the Bruce Museum in Greenwich won the The Cultural Alliance of Fairfield County 2016 ACE (Arts & Culture Empowerment) Award for Education.
The awards celebrate individuals and organizations that have made significant contributions to the Fairfield County community through arts and culture.
The ACE Awards are being presented in five categories: Artist, Non Profit, Corporate, and Citizen and Education.
The Bruce Museum Education team members are as follows:
- Susan Ball, deputy director and interim director of education at the Bruce Museum
- Corinne Flax, manager of School and Community Partnerships at the Bruce Museum
- Kathleen Holko, manager of School & Tour Services
- Mia Laufer, interim manager of Public Programs and a doctoral candidate in art history at Washington University in St. Louis
- Amanda Skehan, Audience Engagement and Interpretive Services assistant at the Bruce Museum
- Laura Stricker, Youth and Family Programs manager at the Bruce Museum
Keynote speaker will be Arthur Levitt, the twenty-fifth and longest serving Chairman of the SEC, with an introduction by Karen Brooks Hopkins, president emeritus of the Brooklyn Academy of Music and current senior fellow in residence at the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
Tony Award-winning actor and singer James Naughton will serve as the master of ceremonies.
“The cross-pollinating that the Bruce Museum brings – being at the crossroads of arts and science – echoes growing awareness across (the) educational landscape that both art and science are vital to our cultural conversations," said Angela Whitford, executive director, Cultural Alliance of Fairfield County.
"And the educational programs at the Bruce are wide, inclusive, forward thinking and highly relevant. It is obvious that a lot of forethought is made to ensure no one is excluded from accessing the Museum’s activities and exhibits,” Whitford said.
Tickets for the breakfast and raffle are available on Eventbrite.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.