STAMFORD, Conn. -- The First County Bank of Stamford collected 580 pounds of food and $200 in donations at its annual holiday party and food drive last month.
Everything was given to the Food Bank of Lower Fairfield County to help people in need.
The food bank's mission is to serve as an efficient and effective provider of nutritious food to nonprofit organizations that feed the hungry in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Norwalk, Stamford and Wilton, while seeking to raise awareness of, and promote action to combat, hunger in those communities.
- 1 Greenwich Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Greenwich
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Greenwich