STAMFORD, Conn. -- The First County Bank of Stamford collected 580 pounds of food and $200 in donations at its annual holiday party and food drive last month.
Everything was given to the Food Bank of Lower Fairfield County to help people in need.
The food bank's mission is to serve as an efficient and effective provider of nutritious food to nonprofit organizations that feed the hungry in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Norwalk, Stamford and Wilton, while seeking to raise awareness of, and promote action to combat, hunger in those communities.
- 1 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 2 Record Numbers Turn Out As Greenwich Throws Its Biggest Party
- 3 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 4 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 5 Greenwich Educator Drops Out Of Race For Principal At Staples