STAMFORD, Conn. -- The First County Bank of Stamford collected 580 pounds of food and $200 in donations at its annual holiday party and food drive last month.
Everything was given to the Food Bank of Lower Fairfield County to help people in need.
The food bank's mission is to serve as an efficient and effective provider of nutritious food to nonprofit organizations that feed the hungry in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Norwalk, Stamford and Wilton, while seeking to raise awareness of, and promote action to combat, hunger in those communities.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Greenwich Real Estate Agent From Houlihan Lawrence Earns Business Honor
- 5 Heavy Rain Headed To Greenwich, Thunderstorms Possible