RIDGEFIELD/WILTON, Conn. -- The visitor center at Weir Farm National Historic Site on the Ridgefield-Wilton border reopens Thursday, April 3, after a long winter break.
The visitor center has been completely redesigned. The old exhibits on the history of Weir Farm have been removed and a new desk installed for rangers to greet visitors to the national historic site.
Ranger-led tours will be at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Thursdays through Sundays. The tours will include stops at the newly rehabilitated Young Art Studio and Weir Art Studio.
The schedule of tours will change after the Weir home is opened to the public for the first time in late May after undergoing a multimillion-dollar rehabilitation.
Weir Farm National Historic Site was home to three generations of American artists, including Julian Alden Weir, a leading figure in American art and the development of American impressionism.
The visitor center will be open Thursdays through Sundays through November. The grounds at Weir Farm National Historic Site are open daily.
For more information about Weir Farm National Historic Site or the National Park Service, visit www.nps.gov/wefa or call 834-1896. Weir Farm is at 735 Nod Hill Road in Wilton.
- 1 Greenwich Mogul Shakes Up Art World With Sale Of Magazine, Merger
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Two Elderly Greenwich Women Robbed In Fake Worker Scams
- 4 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt In Greenwich
- 5 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies