FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Greenwich-based Family Centers will host its first annual Road to Hope 5K race in New Canaan to benefit the Center for Hope, a program that offers counseling and support to residents dealing with a loss, critical illness or any life-altering circumstances.
The 3.1-mile race will be a family-friendly event held on Sunday, Oct. 6, at 8:30 a.m. It will start and end at New Canaan High School, and loops around several neighborhoods throughout the town. Walkers are welcome, but participants are asked to not bring pets.
The race’s entry fee is $30 per runner, $35 on the day of the race. Runner benefits include professional timing, free food, entertainment and a limited-edition event T-shirt. An aid station will also be set up between miles 1 and 2.
Race bibs can be picked up in advance from Sept. 30 to Oct. 4 at the Center for Hope, 590 Post Road, Darien, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Race day registration and packet pickup opens at 7 a.m. Oct. 6 at New Canaan High School.
To register, become an event sponsor or for more information, visit the Family Center website.
- 1 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 2 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 3 UBS Parade Rises Again In Stamford On Sunday
- 4 Greenwich's Convent Of The Sacred Heart Celebrates Construction Milestone
- 5 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say