GREENWICH, Conn. -- The Musicians From Marlboro are coming back to Greenwich for the Friends Cole Concert Series this weekend.
The Musicians From Marlboro will perform works from Berg, Haydn and Dvořák at 4 p.m. Sunday, May 4, at the Cole Auditorium at the Greenwich Library.
The program for the final East Coast tour of the season is built around the 20th-century masterpiece, the Lyric Suite by Berg and includes one of Haydn’s string quartets and Dvořák’s Piano Quintet in A Major. Artists include Itamar Zorman and Robin Scott on violin, Samuel Rhodes on viola, Brook Speltz on cello and Cynthia Raim on piano.
"Musicians from Marlboro tours are noted not only for their joyous and thoroughly prepared performances, but also for offering valuable touring experience to artists at the beginning of their careers, and for featuring programs of unusual chamber repertoire," a press release said.
The Friends Cole Concert Series is made possible through the support of the Sylvia and Leonard Marx Foundation and the Friends of Greenwich Library and is open to all at no charge.
For more information, visit the Greenwich Library website or call 203.622.7900.
- 1 Greenwich Part Of Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 New Greenwich Cheese Shop Offers Taste Tests, Cut-To Order Selections
- 3 Former Greenwich Resident On New Bravo Docu-Series 'Friends To Lovers?'
- 4 Greenwich Man Faces Cruelty Charge After Kicking His Dog
- 5 Woman Faces DUI Charge After Driving Car With Blown Tires In Greenwich