GREENWICH, Conn. -- The Musicians From Marlboro are coming back to Greenwich for the Friends Cole Concert Series this weekend.
The Musicians From Marlboro will perform works from Berg, Haydn and Dvořák at 4 p.m. Sunday, May 4, at the Cole Auditorium at the Greenwich Library.
The program for the final East Coast tour of the season is built around the 20th-century masterpiece, the Lyric Suite by Berg and includes one of Haydn’s string quartets and Dvořák’s Piano Quintet in A Major. Artists include Itamar Zorman and Robin Scott on violin, Samuel Rhodes on viola, Brook Speltz on cello and Cynthia Raim on piano.
"Musicians from Marlboro tours are noted not only for their joyous and thoroughly prepared performances, but also for offering valuable touring experience to artists at the beginning of their careers, and for featuring programs of unusual chamber repertoire," a press release said.
The Friends Cole Concert Series is made possible through the support of the Sylvia and Leonard Marx Foundation and the Friends of Greenwich Library and is open to all at no charge.
For more information, visit the Greenwich Library website or call 203.622.7900.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Cos Cob Woman Charged With Drug Possession In New York
- 3 Tens Of Thousands Turn Out To Enjoy UBS Parade In Downtown Stamford
- 4 Rain, Snow Threaten Greenwich On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm