GREENWICH, Conn. -- Two Connecticut men, one from Greenwich and one from Norwalk, are training to swim across the English Channel on Aug. 31, according to greenwichtime.com.
Tim Lovett, 35, of Greenwich and Trevor Stanco, 26, of Norwalk have trained in Long Island Sound since late May to acclimate their bodies to the chilly water temperatures between England and France, greenwichtime.com said.
The two were selected to make the 24-mile swim by Swim Across America, a nonprofit that raises money to help those with cancer, greenwichtime.com reported.
- 1 Greenwich Cheerleader Named To National Society Of High School Scholars
- 2 Ranking Of Greenwich High Among Best Schools By Newsweek Tops Week’s News
- 3 Pooches Pack The Park For Greenwich's Puttin' On The Dog
- 4 Greenwich Could See Overnight Showers Heading Into Last Day Of Summer
- 5 Open Houses In Greenwich This Weekend