GREENWICH, Conn. -- Two Connecticut men, one from Greenwich and one from Norwalk, are training to swim across the English Channel on Aug. 31, according to greenwichtime.com.
Tim Lovett, 35, of Greenwich and Trevor Stanco, 26, of Norwalk have trained in Long Island Sound since late May to acclimate their bodies to the chilly water temperatures between England and France, greenwichtime.com said.
The two were selected to make the 24-mile swim by Swim Across America, a nonprofit that raises money to help those with cancer, greenwichtime.com reported.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 3 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 4 Jupiter, Venus Forming Unusual Sight In Greenwich Sky
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Greenwich