GREENWICH, Conn. -- Two Connecticut men, one from Greenwich and one from Norwalk, are training to swim across the English Channel on Aug. 31, according to greenwichtime.com.
Tim Lovett, 35, of Greenwich and Trevor Stanco, 26, of Norwalk have trained in Long Island Sound since late May to acclimate their bodies to the chilly water temperatures between England and France, greenwichtime.com said.
The two were selected to make the 24-mile swim by Swim Across America, a nonprofit that raises money to help those with cancer, greenwichtime.com reported.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Greenwich Triathlete Heads To Vermont With Hopeful, Heavy Heart
- 4 Greenwich's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 5 Greenwich Mom Gets Probation For Allowing Wild Teen Party In Easton