GREENWICH, Conn. -- Two Connecticut men, one from Greenwich and one from Norwalk, are training to swim across the English Channel on Aug. 31, according to greenwichtime.com.
Tim Lovett, 35, of Greenwich and Trevor Stanco, 26, of Norwalk have trained in Long Island Sound since late May to acclimate their bodies to the chilly water temperatures between England and France, greenwichtime.com said.
The two were selected to make the 24-mile swim by Swim Across America, a nonprofit that raises money to help those with cancer, greenwichtime.com reported.
- 1 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 2 Record Numbers Turn Out As Greenwich Throws Its Biggest Party
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Greenwich Comes Out To Party With Doobie Brothers, Earth Wind & Fire