GREENWICH, Conn. -- Two Connecticut men, one from Greenwich and one from Norwalk, are training to swim across the English Channel on Aug. 31, according to greenwichtime.com.
Tim Lovett, 35, of Greenwich and Trevor Stanco, 26, of Norwalk have trained in Long Island Sound since late May to acclimate their bodies to the chilly water temperatures between England and France, greenwichtime.com said.
The two were selected to make the 24-mile swim by Swim Across America, a nonprofit that raises money to help those with cancer, greenwichtime.com reported.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 UBS Parade Rises Again In Stamford On Sunday
- 4 Greenwich's Convent Of The Sacred Heart Celebrates Construction Milestone
- 5 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Greenwich