GREENWICH, Conn. – Literacy Volunteers, a program of Family Centers, is seeking volunteers to teach adults to read, write and speak English.
Classes are conducted in several communities throughout lower Fairfield County.
Those interested in volunteering must participate in a series of trainings from 9:30 a.m. to noon Oct. 8, 11, 15, 18 and 22 at the First Congregational Church, 14 Brookside Road, Darien. Volunteers need to be able to attend all five sessions.
Contact Literacy Volunteers Manager Lucia Cook at 203-324-5214 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information or to register.
Family Centers is a private, nonprofit organization offering education and human services to children, adults and families in Fairfield County. More than 2,400 professionals and trained volunteers work together to provide a wide range of responsive, innovative programs.
A United Way, Community Fund of Darien and New Canaan Community Foundation partner agency, Family Centers is a member of the Connecticut Council of Family Service Agencies and the Alliance for Children and Families and is accredited by the Council on Accreditation and the National Association for the Education of Young Children. Visit http://www.familycenters.org for additional information.
- 1 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 2 Rye Brook Landlord Negotiates Settlement With D'Agostino's Supermarket
- 3 Greenwich Could See Storms As Weekend Wraps Up
- 4 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station
- 5 Conyers Farm Home In Greenwich Hits Market For $65 Million