GREENWICH, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To Greenwich’s Zack Snyder!
Zachary Edward Snyder, who has owned a home in Greenwich, turns 48 on Saturday. The film director, producer, and screenwriter was born March 1, 1966, in Green Bay, Wisconsin, U.S.
Snyder started his career as a director and as a cinematographer of television commercials for automobile companies Audi, BMW, Subaru and Nissan, among others and other commercial work for clients including Nike, Reebok, and Gatorade.
He made his feature film debut with the remake Dawn of the Dead (2004), and scored a box office hit with 300 (2007) and later directed superhero film Watchmen in 2009.
He is the co-founder of Cruel and Unusual Films, a production company he established in 2004, alongside his wife Deborah Snyder and producing partner Wesley Coller.
His first family film was the 2010 animated family adventure film Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole.
He produced, co-wrote, and directed Sucker Punch, which was released on March 25, 2011.
His most recent film is Man of Steel, directed by him and written by David S. Goyer was released in the United States on June 14, 2013.
His has earned a number of awards, including two Clio Awards and a Gold Lion Award for his Jeep "Frisbee" commercial. He also won an award for his humorous commercial "General's Party".
Snyder is set to direct a Man of Steel sequel coming in 2016.
- 1 Stamford Cops: Greenwich Woman Charged After Leaving Child In Locked Car
- 2 Ranking Of Greenwich High Among Best Schools By Newsweek Tops Week’s News
- 3 Pooches Pack The Park For Greenwich's Puttin' On The Dog
- 4 Western Connecticut Reopens Evacuated Buildings On Midtown Danbury Campus
- 5 Former Connecticut Gov. John Rowland Found Guilty Of Conspiracy