GREENWICH, Conn. -- Happy birthday to Greenwich’s Tom Kuntz!
Kuntz, who has owned a home in Greenwich, turns 42 on Monday. The filmmaker and director of commercials was born July 7, 1972.
Kuntz began his directing career at MTV, where he created many noteworthy commercials promoting the channel, including a famous batch of commercials for the MTV music awards starring actor Ben Stiller.
He left MTV and began directing full time through Propaganda Films and then through MJZ, where he has maintained solo representation since 2001.
He is most known for his unique television commercials and music videos, which either have colorful settings, time-lapse photography or wildly eccentric humans.
He has multiple nominations for the honor of ‘Best Commercial Director of the Year’ by the DGA (Directors Guild of America; 2007, 2009, 2010).
In August 2010, his Old Spice "The Man Your Man Could Smell Like" spot won the Emmy for '"Commercial of the Year."
- 1 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 2 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 3 Greenwich Student Hit By Car Near Central Middle School
- 4 Obama Sweeps Into Stamford To Raise Cash For Democratic Party
- 5 Beware Of Delays On Merritt In Greenwich During Obama's Visit