GREENWICH, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To Greenwich’s Shane McMahon!
Shane Brandon McMahon, who has owned a home in Greenwich, turns 44 on Wednesday. The businessman was born Jan. 15, 1970, in Gaithersburg, Md.
McMahon began his on-screen career as a referee named Shane Stevens in 1990 and was the first performer to walk out to greet the audience at WrestleMania VI. Shane McMahon also refereed during the 1991 Royal Rumble match.
McMahon was a color commentator on Sunday Night Heat alongside Jim Cornette and later Kevin Kelly, and announced with Jerry Lawler on the 1999 videogame WWF Attitude.
He is a member of the McMahon family and was the Executive Vice President of Global Media (as well as an occasional professional wrestler and referee) for the McMahon family-owned World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). He worked for WWE for over 20 years. In WWE, he is a one-time European Champion and a one-time Hardcore Champion.
In September 2006, he was named one of Detail magazine's "50 Most Powerful Men Under 42" in the annual "power issue".
On Aug. 3, 2010, McMahon became the Chairman and principal executive officer of YOU on Demand Holdings, Inc. (Formerly China Broadband Inc.).
- 1 Greenwich Part Of Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 New Greenwich Cheese Shop Offers Taste Tests, Cut-To Order Selections
- 3 Former Greenwich Resident On New Bravo Docu-Series 'Friends To Lovers?'
- 4 Greenwich Man Faces Cruelty Charge After Kicking His Dog
- 5 Woman Faces DUI Charge After Driving Car With Blown Tires In Greenwich