GREENWICH, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To Greenwich’s Henry A. McKinnell, Jr.!
Henry A. McKinnell, Jr., who has owned a home in Greenwich, turns 71 on Sunday. The business executive was born February 23, 1943, in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
Henry A. McKinnell, Jr. started his career by working with American Standard for three years (1969–1971).
Later he joined Pfizer Inc in early 1971 and over the course of the next 32 years he climbed his way up several positions. He was named CEO as of January 2001 and named chairman in April 2001.
He is also a director of ExxonMobil and Moody's.
He was known as an aggressive and hard line advocate of trade sanctions against developing countries in disputes over patents and other intellectual property rights on medicines.
In 2003 he won the Woodrow Wilson Award for Corporate Citizenship.
He donated mainly to Republican Party candidates. He has donated to George W. Bush, John Thune, Chuck Grassley, and others.
- 1 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 2 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 3 UBS Parade Rises Again In Stamford On Sunday
- 4 Greenwich's Convent Of The Sacred Heart Celebrates Construction Milestone
- 5 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say