GREENWICH, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To Greenwich’s Henry A. McKinnell, Jr.!
Henry A. McKinnell, Jr., who has owned a home in Greenwich, turns 71 on Sunday. The business executive was born February 23, 1943, in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
Henry A. McKinnell, Jr. started his career by working with American Standard for three years (1969–1971).
Later he joined Pfizer Inc in early 1971 and over the course of the next 32 years he climbed his way up several positions. He was named CEO as of January 2001 and named chairman in April 2001.
He is also a director of ExxonMobil and Moody's.
He was known as an aggressive and hard line advocate of trade sanctions against developing countries in disputes over patents and other intellectual property rights on medicines.
In 2003 he won the Woodrow Wilson Award for Corporate Citizenship.
He donated mainly to Republican Party candidates. He has donated to George W. Bush, John Thune, Chuck Grassley, and others.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Cos Cob Woman Charged With Drug Possession In New York
- 3 Tens Of Thousands Turn Out To Enjoy UBS Parade In Downtown Stamford
- 4 Rain, Snow Threaten Greenwich On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 Malloy: Avoid Travel Wednesday Due To Storm