GREENWICH, Conn. -- Happy Birthday To Greenwich’s Bryce Dallas Howard!
Bryce Dallas Howard, who grew up in Greenwich, turns 33 on Sunday. The film actress, writer and director was born March 2, 1981, in Los Angeles. She is the daughter of Academy Award-winning director Ron Howard of Greenwich.
Howard made her acting debut in her father's film "Parenthood" (1989) and went on to have small roles in films and made stage appearances for the next several years.
Her breakthrough role came in Shyamalan's fantasy thriller "The Village" in 2004 and then in "Lady in the Water" in 2006. Her performance in "As You Like It" in 2006 earned her a Golden Globe Award nomination.
Howard became more recognizable to audiences as Gwen Stacy in "Spider-Man 3" (2007) and as Victoria in "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse" (2010). Those two projects, as well as "Terminator Salvation" (2009), are among her most financially successful movies.
In early January 2011, Howard became the first celebrity ambassador for purse designer Kate Spade.
Her most recent films include "The Help" (2011) and "50/50" (2011), both of which were critical and box office successes.
Howard has recently finished directorial duties for the short film "When You Find Me," a social film developed through a collaboration with Canon
- 1 Westport Schools: Greenwich ‘Jumped the Gun’ On New Staples Principal
- 2 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 3 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 4 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Early In Fairfield County, Study Says
- 5 Obama Sweeps Into Stamford To Raise Cash For Democratic Party