GREENWICH, Conn. -- Pianist Yohan Kwon of Old Greenwich was one of three winners in the fifth annual concerto competition sponsored by the American Chamber Orchestra.
Kwon, 17, performed the first movement of Beethoven's Concerto No. 2 and will perform same with the orchestra on June 14 at the First Presbyterian Church of Fairfield.
Kwon previously won first place honors in the American Protege Romantic Music Competition and the American Fine Arts Festival Music Competition.
Kwon also plays the violin and is a member of the Norwalk Youth Symphony Principal Orchestra. He has also performed with the Connecticut Music Educators Association All-State Orchestra and with the National Association for Music Education All-Eastern Orchestra.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 3 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal