GREENWICH, Conn. -- Pianist Yohan Kwon of Old Greenwich was one of three winners in the fifth annual concerto competition sponsored by the American Chamber Orchestra.
Kwon, 17, performed the first movement of Beethoven's Concerto No. 2 and will perform same with the orchestra on June 14 at the First Presbyterian Church of Fairfield.
Kwon previously won first place honors in the American Protege Romantic Music Competition and the American Fine Arts Festival Music Competition.
Kwon also plays the violin and is a member of the Norwalk Youth Symphony Principal Orchestra. He has also performed with the Connecticut Music Educators Association All-State Orchestra and with the National Association for Music Education All-Eastern Orchestra.
- 1 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 2 Chipotle's Mexican Grill Expands With Second Location In Greenwich
- 3 Former Controller Of Greenwich Hedge Fund Admits Embezzling $9 Million
- 4 Greenwich Boasts Several Elementary Schools Among Connecticut's Best
- 5 Greenwich Ranks As 7th Most Expensive Housing Market In U.S.