GREENWICH, Conn. – The Holiday Stroll Weekend kicked off the festive season in Greenwich on Saturday with carriage rides, entertainment and an ice sculpture competition.
As carriage riders rolled down Greenwich Avenue, a group of musicians from Greenwich Baptist Church performed in the holiday entertainment tent. Guitarist Danny Gallo said the group was performing “to make sure people know the reason for the holiday.”
Live reindeer greeted visitors outside McArdle’s Florist on Arch Street, where Santa was inside posing for pictures with children.
More than 100 Greenwich merchants participated in the fourth annual Holiday Stroll Weekend, with some offering free gifts and store discounts.
The Holiday Stroll Weekend was scheduled to run until 6 p.m. Saturday and will continue Sunday from noon to 5 p.m. on Greenwich Avenue and through the downtown business district.
- 1 Greenwich Part Of Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Greenwich Man Faces Cruelty Charge After Kicking His Dog
- 3 Teen Prostitute Charged With Falsely Reporting Rape In Greenwich
- 4 Woman Faces DUI Charge After Driving Car With Blown Tires In Greenwich
- 5 Greenwich Native Earns Field Hockey All-Region Honors