GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich may not be the top Connecticut town to live in, but according to Connecticut Magazine, it's still one of the best.
Greenwich was ranked the fifth best town to live in out of 37 in its category as part of the magazine's "Rating The Towns" feature, which was done with a new ranking system.
In previous years, the publication split municipalities up by population, but this year the breakdown was done by median home sale prices. Greenwich was ranked with other towns that boast a median home sale price of more than $300,000.
In addition to median home sale price, Connecticut Magazine weighed crime rates, graduation rates, the equalized mill rate, PIC rating, the number of restaurants that made the publications "Best Restaurants" list and voter turnout when determining the ranking.
Greenwich excelled, finishing first and second in the economic and culture and leisure categories. The town's lowest ranking came in the education category, where it placed 20th.
Fairfield County dominated the rest of the group, with Ridgefield, Darien, New Canaan and Wilton topping the list, and Weston and Westport ranking sixth and seventh, respectively on the list.
Easton ranked 12th, Fairfield was 17th and Redding tied for 21st.
Stamford was ranked the top city in the state, followed by Norwalk at No. 2 and Danbury at No. 3.
- 1 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 2 Record Numbers Turn Out As Greenwich Throws Its Biggest Party
- 3 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 4 Greenwich Educator Drops Out Of Race For Principal At Staples
- 5 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford