GREENWICH, Conn. -- Philanthropist and Greenwich native Adam Braun will be at the Greenwich Library along with journalist Joan Lunden to discuss his book "The Promise of a Pencil" on Monday, May 5, at 7 p.m.
Braun founded the not-for-profit group Pencils of Promise, which has built more than 250 schools around the world. He was named to the Forbes "30 Under 30" list as well as Wired Magazine's "50 People Who are Changing the World."
Lunden, a former "Good Morning America" host, will lead the discussion.
Books will be available for purchase and signing through Diane's Books.
This series is open to all at no charge, but seating in the Cole Auditorium is limited and will be available on a first come, first served basis. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m.
The Greenwich Library is at 101 W. Putnam Ave.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Greenwich
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Greenwich Family Raises Record-Breaking $50,000 For Alzheimer’s Association
- 5 Greenwich Could See Light Snow Overnight Into Sunday