GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich Hospital hosted “Surviving Cancer,” a tribute to cancer survivors from throughout the community on Tuesday, June 10.
The celebration was a chance for survivors, friends and families to reconnect with volunteers and oncology staff and learn about resources available at the hospital and through community partners. “It’s great to come back to the hospital each year to see my doctors during a happy event and a happy time like this,” said cancer survivor Karen Powlski.
“We are here to celebrate you and the fact that the number of survivors like you continues to grow every year,” said President/CEO Frank Corvino as he opened the event. “This is our opportunity to celebrate your strength and victories as we look toward a brighter future and continued good health.”
During the event, Dr. Barbara Ward, breast center medical director, presented the 2014 Greenwich Hospital Breast Center Award to Dr. Richard Eisen, a pathologist, in recognition of his contributions to the breast cancer program.
- 1 Greenwich Part Of Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Teen Prostitute Charged With Falsely Reporting Rape In Greenwich
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Greenwich
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; Greenwich Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'