GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich Hospital hosted “Surviving Cancer,” a tribute to cancer survivors from throughout the community on Tuesday, June 10.
The celebration was a chance for survivors, friends and families to reconnect with volunteers and oncology staff and learn about resources available at the hospital and through community partners. “It’s great to come back to the hospital each year to see my doctors during a happy event and a happy time like this,” said cancer survivor Karen Powlski.
“We are here to celebrate you and the fact that the number of survivors like you continues to grow every year,” said President/CEO Frank Corvino as he opened the event. “This is our opportunity to celebrate your strength and victories as we look toward a brighter future and continued good health.”
During the event, Dr. Barbara Ward, breast center medical director, presented the 2014 Greenwich Hospital Breast Center Award to Dr. Richard Eisen, a pathologist, in recognition of his contributions to the breast cancer program.
- 1 Stamford Cops: Greenwich Woman Charged After Leaving Child In Locked Car
- 2 Greenwich Cheerleader Named To National Society Of High School Scholars
- 3 Ranking Of Greenwich High Among Best Schools By Newsweek Tops Week’s News
- 4 Pooches Pack The Park For Greenwich's Puttin' On The Dog
- 5 Greenwich Could See Overnight Showers Heading Into Last Day Of Summer