GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich Hospital will host an emergency blood drive in the Noble Conference Room on Tuesday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The American Red Cross has an emergency need for blood and platelet donors of all types. Donations were down about 10 percent in June, with about 50,000 fewer donations than expected, according to a press release.
"With schools out of session and many regular donors busy or on vacation, it’s important to remember that patients don’t get a break from needing blood — the need is constant," Greenwich Hospital said in a statement.
Eligible donors with blood types O negative, A negative and B negative are encouraged to donate double red cells where available.
For more information or to find another nearby donation opportunity, visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS (800-733-2767).
Greenwich Hospital is located at 5 Perryridge Road.
- 1 Greenwich Mogul Shakes Up Art World With Sale Of Magazine, Merger
- 2 Moving Truck Gets Wedged Under Metro-North Train Bridge In Greenwich
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Greenwich
- 5 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care