FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – Members of One Million Moms For Gun Control from across Fairfield County plan to rally at the State Capitol in Hartford on Thursday to demand stricter gun control laws after the Newtown school shooting. The Fairfield County chapter will be joined by other chapters from Connecticut, Rhode Island and western Massachusetts.
The gathering, dubbed the March For Change, will be held at 11 a.m. on the north steps of the Capitol. The rally falls on the two-month anniversary of the shooting that took the lives of 26 people at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
The group is focused on pressuring lawmakers to enact “common sense gun laws,” according to its website, including bans on high-capacity ammunition magazines, stronger assault weapons bans and universal background checks for gun sales.
Are you participating in the March For Change? Send us your photos and reactions to email@example.com
- 1 Rye Brook Landlord Negotiates Settlement With D'Agostino's Supermarket
- 2 Police ID Homeless Man Whose Legs Were Found Near New Haven Train Station
- 3 Conyers Farm Home In Greenwich Hits Market For $65 Million
- 4 'I Am Cait' Follows Newtown HS Grad Caitlyn Jenner In New E! Docuseries
- 5 Heat Wave Taking Hold In Greenwich