FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. — The Roman Catholic Diocese of Bridgeport urges all parishioners to heed travel restrictions and to consider the safety of their families before deciding to drive to Mass this weekend after the heavy snowfall this weekend in Fairfield County.
The diocese issued its warning Saturday on its website.
Church members who plan to attend Mass on Saturday evening or Sunday should use caution. Where conditions are difficult or dangerous, people are reminded that they are dispensed from the normal obligations under Code of Canon Law, Canon 1248 § 2, the diocese said.
Many parking lots have not been cleared and secondary roads in towns throughout Fairfield County have not been plowed. Parishioners can visit their parish websites for additional information.
- 1 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 2 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 3 Billionaire Mario Gabelli Sells Greenwich Home For $10.3 Million
- 4 Two Convent Of The Sacred Heart Students Named National Merit Semifinalists
- 5 Greenwich Hospital Unveils Honor For Retiring CEO Frank Corvino