GREENWICH, Conn. – Sunday’s weather may have had a wintry feel, but the greens of spring dominated downtown Greenwich during the town’s annual St. Patrick’s Day parade.
Thousands of people lined Greenwich Avenue for the belated holiday celebration. The paradegoers watched as bagpipers, Irish step dancers and civic groups from across Fairfield County and Westchester County, N.Y., made their way along the route.
Grand Marshal William Gallagher led the way for the 40th annual marching of the St. Patrick’s Day Parade in downtown Greenwich.
The celebration was organized as always by the Greenwich Hibernian Association, who have been hard at work for much of the year planning the parade.
- 1 Greenwich Part Of Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Greenwich Man Faces Cruelty Charge After Kicking His Dog
- 3 Teen Prostitute Charged With Falsely Reporting Rape In Greenwich
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Greenwich
- 5 Woman Faces DUI Charge After Driving Car With Blown Tires In Greenwich