GREENWICH, Conn. – Sunday’s weather may have had a wintry feel, but the greens of spring dominated downtown Greenwich during the town’s annual St. Patrick’s Day parade.
Thousands of people lined Greenwich Avenue for the belated holiday celebration. The paradegoers watched as bagpipers, Irish step dancers and civic groups from across Fairfield County and Westchester County, N.Y., made their way along the route.
Grand Marshal William Gallagher led the way for the 40th annual marching of the St. Patrick’s Day Parade in downtown Greenwich.
The celebration was organized as always by the Greenwich Hibernian Association, who have been hard at work for much of the year planning the parade.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Greenwich On Wednesday
- 2 Greenwich Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 Happy Birthday To Greenwich’s Judith Sheindlin ('Judge Judy')
- 5 Two Convent Of The Sacred Heart Students Named National Merit Semifinalists