GREENWICH, Conn. – Sunday’s weather may have had a wintry feel, but the greens of spring dominated downtown Greenwich during the town’s annual St. Patrick’s Day parade.
Thousands of people lined Greenwich Avenue for the belated holiday celebration. The paradegoers watched as bagpipers, Irish step dancers and civic groups from across Fairfield County and Westchester County, N.Y., made their way along the route.
Grand Marshal William Gallagher led the way for the 40th annual marching of the St. Patrick’s Day Parade in downtown Greenwich.
The celebration was organized as always by the Greenwich Hibernian Association, who have been hard at work for much of the year planning the parade.
- 1 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 2 Just In Time For 'Shark Week,' New Sighting Reported Off Long Island Waters
- 3 'Shark Tank' Star Mark Cuban Anchors Yacht Off Stamford Harbor
- 4 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 5 Severe Storms Could Cause Flooding In Greenwich