GREENWICH, Conn. -- Teams are signing up for the seventh annual Town Wiffle Ball Tournament set for Saturday, July 26, at the Greenwich Polo Club. Registration ends July 8.
This now-traditional midsummer event is the result of the dedicated planning and hard work of many local Wiffle Ball devotees, including the JR United Way, the Greenwich Parks and Recreation Department and Police Departments, the Greenwich United Way, local businesses and others.
The success of this tournament each year is helping to move the ball forward toward a permanent Wiffle Field site in Greenwich.
The Greenwich Polo Club has provided the location for this popular event since the start. According to the JR United Way organizers, the tournament draws more teams each year, and anticipates over 300 players and hundreds of spectators will be on hand for this year's event. Proceeds will go toward maintaining what will -- someday -- be a permanent site.
To register a team for the tournament, and to learn about sponsorship opportunities, go to www.greenwichwiffle.com.
- 1 Happy Birthday To Greenwich’s Paul Tudor Jones II
- 2 Seven Greenwich Billionaires Make Forbes 400 List
- 3 Greenwich Man Who Hit Stamford Cop With Car Arrested After Police Chase
- 4 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 5 Greenwich Man Man Nearly Drives Off Unmarked Dead-End Ramp