Who says eating right in 2017 has to be difficult? Thanks to O Organics®, available exclusively at your local ACME Markets store, preparing for a healthy New Year has never been easier or more delicious.
An important component of any balanced diet is protein. However, preparing healthy meals on busy weeknights can seem difficult. Fortunately, prepping ahead of time can simplify meals all week. With O Organics® beef, chicken, eggs and quinoa, it's easy to pack quality protein into your diet without spending all day in the kitchen. The key to healthy eating is preparation. By planning protein for the week ahead, eating healthy becomes as simple as opening the fridge. ACME Markets shares pro tips to help you perfect protein prep. For versatile protein-packed recipes, click here.
- Uncooked ground beef can be stored up to two days in the refrigerator before cooking.
- Don't overwork the ground beef while cooking. Stirring or mixing too much makes the protein tougher.
- Don't delay peeling hard-boiled eggs. Shells are easiest to remove as soon as the eggs are cool.
- Peel to perfection: gently tap egg on countertop until shell is finely crackled all over. Start peeling at large end and hold egg under cold running water to easily remove the outer shell.
- Throw thyme stems in whole - the leaves will fall off and flavor the chicken as it cooks. Remove the stems after cooking.
- No white wine available? Just use extra chicken broth.
- Shred the chicken using two forks to tear apart easily.
- Quinoa is high in protein and fiber, making it a hearty addition to meals or a great replacement for other carbohydrates.
- Quinoa is an excellent gluten-free alternative to pasta.
- If using quinoa in savory dishes, cook with chicken broth for added flavor.
Watch the video above to see these tips and tricks in action.
To learn more about how ACME Markets is making weeknight meals easier, click here.