GREENWICH, Conn -- The school year always feels like a new year in terms of getting organized. There are always mountains of school forms, mandatory lice checks, and, oh yeah, stocking the fridge.
Debra Ponzek, a Greenwich resident and the chef behind the Aux Délices Gourmet Food Shops brand with locations in Riverside, Greenwich, Darien and Westport, suggests thinking beyond the usual with little compartments for variety.
"I like whatever can keep the food a good temperature and neat when its unpacked at lunch time," said the mom of three and a chef ambasassdor at the upcoming Greenwich Wine and Food Festival .
Her suggestions include:
- Ham and cheese pinwheel sandwiches (made with tortillas wraps)
- Skewers of turkey, with cheese and grapes
- Cold veggie or sesame noodle pasta salad
- Cherry tomato and pearlini mozzarella salad
- Small homemade granola bars
- Trail mix
- Cut up apples, carrots, celery with all natural peanut butter or a flavored cream cheese
- Pita triangles and hummus
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.