GREENWICH, Conn -- Hudson Valley Restaurant Week begins Monday, and CHAR in Greenwich is participating. It is the only Connecticut restaurant in the promotion, which spans seven counties -- Westchester, Rockland, Putnam, Orange, Dutchess, Ulster and Columbia.
The organization is a collaboration of 200 restaurants and businesses promoting New York’s Hudson Valley as a premier culinary destination and providing diners with the opportunity to enjoy exceptional dining at a fraction of the normal price point.
Owners (and brothers) Agron and Jimmy Rugova, whose sister restaurant, Dolphin is in Yonkers, say that because of CHAR's close proximity to Westchester, and their connection to the county, it was only natural to take part in the event.
This is the restaurant's second time participating. It has been open since July 2013. The deal includes a prix-fixe three-course menu that costs $20.95 (plus beverage, tax and tip) for lunch and $29.95 for dinner.
Among the items highlighted:
- Autumn Salad – curly endive, watercress, caramelized fennel, spiced pecans, apples, maple vinaigrette
- Spinach & Pear Salad – baby spinach, candied walnuts, goat cheese with vanilla white balsamic
- Farotto – farro tossed with crumbled Italian sausage, zucchini, grape tomatoes and Pecorino cheese
- CHAR B.L.T. - artisan “all natural” bacon, vine tomatoes, watercress, rosemary mayo with fries
- Cavatelli Lamb Bolognese – small pasta shells, soft goat cheese topped with lemon herb Gremolat
- House Cured Tequila Salmon – on crispy tostones topped with a mango Pico de Gallo and cilantro crema
- Char-Grilled Hanger Steak – 10 ounce steak with truffled fries and red wine sauce
- French Toast Bread Pudding - with maple caramel and rum spiced ice cream
- Whiskey Bananas Foster Crème Brulee – with toasted lemon meringue
- Molten S’mores - chocolate lava cake topped with caramelized cinnamon marshmallows and graham cracker tuiles
The deal excludes Friday and Saturday nights. Reservations strongly suggested. The restaurant is at 2 S. Water St., 203-900-1100.
For a complete list of participating HVRW restaurants, go here .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.