If your house feels like an oven, here are some simple tips to help you keep cool.
* Keep the hot air outside. Close your windows during the day, and close curtains and blinds to keep out the sun.
* Run the dishwasher, washing machine and dryer at night when it's cooler.
* Avoid using any type of oven. Keep cooking heat outdoors by using your barbeque.
* Don't leave the TV on. It gives off a lot of heat.
* If you have ceiling fans, make sure you've reversed the switch from winter use. In the summer you want the blades to pull the air upwards.
* If you have window air conditioning units, clean your filters frequently for maximum cooling efficiency.
* Make sure to drink extra fluids to keep hydrated.
Do you have any tips to add? Let me know below.