GREENWICH, Conn. – Greenwich residents would like to see more sidewalks and better walking conditions throughout town, readers of The Greenwich Daily Voice said.
Our site's Facebook fans responded with a wide variety of suggestions to our question, "Which streets would you like to see with sidewalks in Greenwich?"
"It would be nice to walk up Stanwich Road without risk of being run over," wrote Michelle Peluso. "Greenwich is so beautiful- get out and walk!"
"Riversville Road is terrifying and I see a lot of joggers out there in danger of being hit," wrote Amy Dixon. "It most certainly needs a sidewalk!"
Carol DiMassimo and Shawna Kischowksi both said Pemberwick Road should have sidewalks.
"It needs to have sidewalks continue all the way to Comly Ave," Kischowski wrote. "It is so dangerous because the road is very narrow and with blind spots on both sides, cars cannot see you."
Karen Hasterok suggested the town add sidewalks to Split Timber Place in Riverside since, as she wrote, "Kids are supposed to walk that way to North Mianus [School]."
Lastly, Dru Warner Gearhart suggested sidewalks be added to Shore Road running all the way to Greenwich Point.
Join the conversation! Where do you think sidewalks should be added in Greenwich? Are there others that need major repairs? Let us know in the comment section below.
- 1 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 2 Chipotle's Mexican Grill Expands With Second Location In Greenwich
- 3 Former Controller Of Greenwich Hedge Fund Admits Embezzling $9 Million
- 4 Greenwich Boasts Several Elementary Schools Among Connecticut's Best
- 5 Greenwich Ranks As 7th Most Expensive Housing Market In U.S.