GREENWICH, Conn. – The Greenwich announced it will offer digital magazines as an effort to keep up with the rapidly changing technology of the 21st century.
The library now offers Zinio, a free digital magazine collection featuring nearly 150 popular titles. All readers need to access them is a Greenwich library card.
"Magazine issues are not checked out to individual patrons, so they're available at any time," the library said in a statement.
Greenwich library card holders will also be able to access the collection from their home or office on their PC, Mac or tablet. According to the release, Zinio recreates a magazine page-for-page, including highly visual full-color pictures, key word article search and interactive media elements such as audio and video.
The service is part of Greenwich Library's five year Strategic Plan to embrace and integrate emerging media into its collections.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Greenwich On Wednesday
- 2 Greenwich Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 Happy Birthday To Greenwich’s Judith Sheindlin ('Judge Judy')
- 5 Two Convent Of The Sacred Heart Students Named National Merit Semifinalists