GREENWICH, Conn. -- Local hotel/restaurants in Greenwich and Southport have earned honors from the American Automobile Association.
The Homestead Inn in Greenwich has once again been recognized as a four diamond restaurant and hotel by the American Automobile Association.
This is the 10th year the establishment has earned four-diamond status.
Founded by master chef Thomas Henkelmann, the Homestead Inn features French cuisine and hosts banquets and weddings.
The Delamar Hotel and Restaurant in Southport also received four diamonds. It features luxury suites and spa services.
Just 3 percent of the 59,000 AAA approved lodgings and restaurants in North America receive four diamonds. Five is the maximum.
To be considered for a AAA five- or four-diamond rating, restaurants and lodgings must undergo thorough inspections by a AAA full-time professional evaluator.
Five and four diamond establishments go through extensive inspections and final committee reviews before they can be listed in AAA’s Annual TourBooks.
- 1 Greenwich Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Greenwich
- 3 Plane Skids Off Runway At LaGuardia Airport, All Flights Diverted
- 4 Snow Slows Traffic On Every Major Roadway Across Fairfield County
- 5 Expect More Snow: Winter Weather Advisory Remains In Effect In Greenwich