GREENWICH, Conn. -- "The Big Wedding," a star-studded comedy that filmed in locations in Greenwich and Darien in 2011, opens in theaters Friday.
The films stars Robert de Niro and Diane Keaton as a long-divorced couple that pretends to still be married when their family unites for a wedding, according to the film's iMDB page.
"The Big Wedding" has several strong ties to Connecticut, from its shooting locations, to its supporting cast to its director.
The film also stars Darien native Topher Grace and New Canaan native Katherine Heigl. The film was written and directed by Greenwich High graduate Justin Zackham.
The film is Zackham's directorial debut. He is known for writing the screenplay for "The Bucket List."
The film also stars Robin Williams, Susan Sarandon, Amanda Seyfried, Ben Barnes and Christine Ebersole.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Greenwich
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Greenwich Family Raises Record-Breaking $50,000 For Alzheimer’s Association
- 5 Greenwich Could See Light Snow Overnight Into Sunday