GREENWICH, Conn. -- Summer is all about soaking up the sun, and, quite often, the booze. All the better when your refreshing cocktail is served alfresco.
We went to the ultimate outdoor patio -- l'escale at Delamar Greenwich Harbor and to Bar Manager Michael Kolesar for one of his favorite concoctions -- a Piña Colada infusion.
Should you want to make this at home, he graciously offered the recipe.
- 1.5 ounces Pineapple-infused Bacardi Superior
- 2 ounces Coconut water
- .25 ounce Cane syrup
- .25 ounce Lemon juice
- Three days prior to serving, peel the outer skin of one pineapple and remove pineapple top. Save top leaves for garnish.
- Place pineapple in large jar submerging pineapple completely in Bacardi Superior rum (about two liters)
- Let sit in cool place covered and undisturbed.
- When ready to imbibe, add all ingredients and shake well in a Boston shaker. Serve either over ice or in a champagne flute.
- Drop one of those leaves you saved into the cocktail and your presentation is complete.