FAIRFIELD, Conn. – Fairfield is the second-best town in the U.S. for weight loss opportunities, according to The Fiscal Times.
Fairfield ranked No. 2 in the website’s list of “10 Best Cities to Lose Weight.” San Francisco was the only metro area to beat out Fairfield on a list that also included New York, Boston and Philadelphia.
The Fiscal Times based its rankings on each area’s access to health food, its ease of walking to biking to work, its number of fitness centers, its opportunities for outdoor activities and its availability of weight loss programs. Fairfield topped the rankings for number of gyms per capita. It also placed highly because of its shoreline and hiking trails, the article says.
See the full list at The Fiscal Times’ website.
- 1 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 2 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 3 Greenwich Student Hit By Car Near Central Middle School
- 4 Obama Sweeps Into Stamford To Raise Cash For Democratic Party
- 5 Beware Of Delays On Merritt In Greenwich During Obama's Visit