FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A blog entry by Connecticut mom Jennifer Meer called "Distracted Living," about how her daughter nearly drowned while she checked her email, has gone viral.
Meer, a West Hartford resident and Huffington Post contributor, wrote the entry Monday, Oct. 7. The entry details how Meer's daughter nearly died when she left the child unattended in the bathtub while she ran a shower for her son and checked her iPad. The shocking experience led Meer to an epiphany that she, like many others, was too distracted by the constant barrage of distractions and tasks in her life.
The entry has apparently struck a chord with fellow parents. According to a story posted by wfsb.com on Tuesday, Oct. 23, the blog entry has been shared more than 12,000 times.
Most of the comments are supportive of Meer's plight as a busy parent, offering words of encouragement or anecdotes from parents who can relate to the situation.
Meer stated at the end of the entry that she intends to take steps to slow her life down and eliminate potentially dangerous distractions.