GREENWICH, Conn. -- CHAR is offering three-course prixe fixe lunch ($20.95) and dinner ($29.95) deals from Nov. 3 to Nov.16 as part of Hudson Valley Restaurant Week. It is the only participating Connecticut restaurant.
A full list of participating restaurants is available here .
The promotion spans 114 miles across seven counties (Westchester, Rockland, Putnam, Orange, Dutchess, Ulster, Columbia) -- eight if you count the lone CHAR in Greenwich. The organization is a collaboration of 200 restaurants and businesses promoting New York’s Hudson Valley as a premier culinary destination and providing diners with the opportunity to enjoy exceptional dining at a fraction of the normal price point.
Owners (and brothers) Agron and Jimmy Rugova whose sister restaurant, Dolphin is in Yonkers, say because of the eatery's close proximity to Westchester, and their connection to the county, it was only natural to take part in the event.
This is CHAR’s second time participating; the restaurant has been open since July 2013.
Among the items on the special menu:
- Autumn Salad – curly endive, watercress, caramelized fennel, spiced pecans, apples, maple vinaigrette
- Spinach & Pear Salad – baby spinach, candied walnuts, goat cheese with vanilla white balsamic
- Farotto – farro tossed with crumbled Italian sausage, zucchini, grape tomatoes and Pecorino cheese
- CHAR B.L.T. - artisan “all natural” bacon, vine tomatoes, watercress, rosemary mayo with fries
- Cavatelli Lamb Bolognese – small pasta shells, soft goat cheese topped with lemon herb Gremolat
- House Cured Tequila Salmon – on crispy tostones topped with a mango Pico de Gallo and cilantro crema
- Char-Grilled Hanger Steak – 10 ounce steak with truffled fries and red wine sauce
- French Toast Bread Pudding - with maple caramel and rum spiced ice cream
- Whiskey Bananas Foster Crème Brulee – with toasted lemon meringue
- Molten S’mores - chocolate lava cake topped with caramelized cinnamon marshmallows and graham cracker tuiles
The deal excludes Friday and Saturday nights and does not include beverage, tax and tip. Reservations strongly suggested. The restaurant is at 2 S. Water St., 203-900-1100. The chef is David Snyder.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.