GREENWICH, Conn. – Arthur Murray dance studios in Greenwich and Danbury are among eight in Connecticut that will contribute to Stand Up To Cancer in January.
Arthur Murray Grande Ballroom of Greenwich and Arthur Murray Dance Studios of Danbury will donate $5 to "SU2C" for each person who participates in a private dance lesson now through Jan. 31.
“We are very proud to be involved with Stand Up To Cancer. This initiative is a win-win-win,” said Christine Georgopulo, owner of the Arthur Murray Grande Ballroom of Greenwich. “Arthur Murray International is a 102-year-old company at the forefront of health and wellness through the endless benefits of social ballroom and Latin dancing.
"We want to do whatever we can to help change the-heart wrenching facts, that one in two men and one in three women will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetimes; and that one American dies nearly every minute from cancer. Help to fight this disease and join the movement, Dance 2 Donate.”
Other studios in Connecticut donating to the cause are Bloomfield, Glastonbury, Guilford, New Britain, Niantic and Vernon.
For more information, visit http://www.arthurmurraygreenwich.com.
- 1 Greenwich Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Greenwich
- 4 Separate I-95 Accidents Take Out Lanes Near Connecticut Border
- 5 Greenwich Businessmen Make Forbes Billionaire List