GREENWICH, Conn. -- Riverside Yacht Club will host a fundraiser for Westport's Save The Children that will feature NBC “Today” host Willie Geist and Mark Kennedy Shriver on Thursday, April 24, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Shriver is the son of Peace Corps founder Robert Sargent Shriver. Geist, who is also the co-host of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” will talk with Shriver about his father’s legacy as both the founder of the Peace Corps and the architect of the U.S. War on Poverty, initiated by President Lyndon B. Johnson 50 years ago.
Shriver, senior vice president of strategic initiatives at Save the Children, will also discuss his own mission to help improve the lives of children in the United States and all over the world.
Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres will be served before the program.
Tickets to the benefit range from $125 to $500 and include a signed copy of Shriver’s new book, “A Good Man: Rediscovering My Father, Sargent Shriver.”
The Riverside Yacht Club is at 102 Club Road in Greenwich.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Greenwich On Wednesday
- 2 Greenwich Ranks In SafeWise's Top 10 Of Safest Places In State
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Two Convent Of The Sacred Heart Students Named National Merit Semifinalists