GREENWICH, Conn. – The holiday season continues with a Hanukkah event Saturday night and other seasonal events happening all weekend. Below are a few event highlights in town. For a full listing, see our Greenwich events page.
Friday, Dec. 7
Pearl Harbor Remembrance Ceremony 7 p.m. Greenwich American Legion Post 29 will mark the 71st anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor with a ceremony. At the memorial in front of the Board of Education Building, 290 Greenwich Ave.
Saturday, Dec. 8
Pancake Breakfast With Santa 8 to 11 a.m. The Boys & Girls Club of Greenwich will host Santa for its annual buffet-style breakfast. Everyone is welcome. Cost: $5 for breakfast, $5 for a picture with Santa. 4 Horseneck Lane.
Banksville Community House Toys for Tots Drive 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. The Banksville Community House hosts the Annual Toys for Tots Drive. Bring an unwrapped gift for a child. Stay for cookie decorating, visits from Santa at noon and the U.S. Marines in a 7-ton truck. Cost: Free
Sunday, Dec. 9
Jingle Bell Jog Presented By Threads And Treads 9 a.m. Threads and Treads hosts its final race of the year with its annual Jingle Bell Job. The 3-mile run begins at Peobody's on Church Street.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Greenwich's Convent Of The Sacred Heart Celebrates Construction Milestone
- 4 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Greenwich
- 5 Lynn Ann Bahnken, 59, Of Greenwich