GREENWICH, Conn. — Here are a few highlights of things to do in and around Greenwich this weekend. See our Events calendar for more items.
Friday, Nov. 16
Friends of the Byram Shubert Library Book and Media Sale Preview Night: 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tens of thousands of books and media. Sale continues Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Sunday, noon to 4 p.m. St. Paul's Lutheran Church, 200 William St., Greenwich (across from the library).
Saturday, Nov. 17
Audubon Greenwich Field Trip: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Trip to Jamaica Bay, one of best birding areas in New York City. Look for shorebirds, waterfowl, raptors, and songbirds. RSVP required. 613 Riversville Road, Greenwich.
Sunday, Nov. 18
UBS Parade Spectacular: 12 p.m. Stamford's annual balloon parade. Downtown Stamford.
Deserts Family Day - Animals of the Desert: 1 to 4 p.m. Family activities focused on desert animals, including gallery hunt, making a desert animal mask and live desert birds. Bruce Museum, 1 Museum Drive, Greenwich.
Have an event you want everyone to know about? Add your event to our calendar.
- 1 Westport Schools: Greenwich ‘Jumped the Gun’ On New Staples Principal
- 2 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 3 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 4 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Early In Fairfield County, Study Says
- 5 Obama Sweeps Into Stamford To Raise Cash For Democratic Party