GREENWICH, Conn. – Here’s a look at what's happening in Greenwich this week, including government meetings and community events. See our events page for more listings.
Monday, Dec. 10
Botanical Jewelry with Simon Teakle 11:30 a.m. Garden Education Center members and non-members are invited to the new Simon Teakle showroom to view his collection of antique botanical jewelry. 4 Grigg St.. $45 member, $55 non-members
Tuesday, Dec. 11
Temple Sholom Communal Menorah Lighting & Singalong 6:15 p.m. Congregants gather to light a giant menorah and sing Chanukah songs. Stay to enjoy a light dinner and celebrate the holiday with Temple friends. 300 E. Putnam Ave. Free.
Wednesday, Dec. 12
Greenwich High Boys Basketball Home Opener 7 p.m. The Cardinals' boys basketball team kicks off the season against Fairfield Warde. 10 Hillside Road. $5
Thursday, Dec. 13
Board Of Education Budget Meeting 7 p.m. Cos Cob School, 300 E. Putnam Ave. Free
- 1 Westport Schools: Greenwich ‘Jumped the Gun’ On New Staples Principal
- 2 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 3 Obama To Make Fundraising Stop In Stamford
- 4 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Early In Fairfield County, Study Says
- 5 Greenwich Will See Several Rounds Of Showers, Thunderstorms