GREENWICH, Conn. – Here's a look a some events happening in Greenwich this week. For more, see our Greenwich events page.
Monday, Jan. 21
Bruce Museum Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Family Celebration 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Students of all ages and abilities will have the opportunity to make “I have a dream” buttons and add their self-portraits to the Circle of Friends mural as well as explore the Museum’s galleries and exhibitions. There will also be Encore Performing Art’s Flying Ship Productions performances of "Rosa’s Ride: The Life of Rosa Parks" at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. 1 Museum Drive. Free with museum admission.
Tuesday, Jan. 22
Norwalk at Greenwich High School Boys Basketball 7 p.m. The Cardinals' boys basketball team (4-4) hosts the Bears of Norwalk High School (5-3) in a key conference matchup. 10 Hillside Road. $5.
Wednesday, Jan. 23
SAT Practice Test 4 p.m. Take a practice SAT exam at the Greenwich Library to prepare for the real thing on Jan. 26. Registration is required and seating is limited. Contact Ed Morrissey at 203-622-7918 to reserve a spot. 101 West Putnam Avenue. Free.
Thursday, Jan. 24
Tree Rings and the History They Reveal 7 p.m. Neil Pederson will lecture on how ancient trees and timbers from human structures are used to broaden our understanding of history. Greenwich Historical Society, 39 Strickland Road. Free.
- 1 Greenwich Mogul Shakes Up Art World With Sale Of Magazine, Merger
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Moving Truck Gets Wedged Under Metro-North Train Bridge In Greenwich
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Greenwich
- 5 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care